Monday, October 29, 2007

Face book marketing...

Marketing on facebook is an interesting thing. It can be very successful if it is not used or abused.

Now I need to clarify the word marketing, for a lot of people that aren't 100% familiar with the term it can relate to 100's of different ideas and strategies to get a specific word out to the masses. This is not a Webster's definition!

We did marketing on facebook a couple of days ago. It consisted of sending a message to friends that care about me and any business I might own, start, or are running. The message was in a light hearted manor, with a free prize (or in this case, prizes) for the winner of a small contest to get people involved in our business 3vine. So far it has gone really well!

I really appreciate friends that take interest in any business Three Dot, Inc., might have. It means a lot to me personally. We did find some things that we could modify along the way, but it isn't anything huge.

I guess what I am saying is, if you have a trusting friend base over a social network and you send them messages that might benefit both parties involved, there is nothing wrong with that. Enjoy being creative in how you market yourself and your businesses.
~Chais

Here is a look at the event that started our facebook business involvement: Create A Name, Win Some Wear!

No comments: