Sunday, August 26, 2007

Find the Balance...

One of the hardest things for myself is finding the balance between professional life and personal life. It is very challenging because parts of both blend in to each other in a few different areas.

When I am working professionally, I do it to support my family (now and for the future), to grow myself and my companies in business knowledge and successes, to grow business contacts and friends, and to look for the next opportunity that might just get me where I want to be just a little bit faster. I enjoy the professional side of my life, I enjoy having more knowledge and meeting more people. One thing I don't look forward to, is the business crossover (when business starts to effect your personal life). If I am to be dedicated to creativity and growth in business, I have to let my mind stay open all of the time. I end up letting the "crossover" take control and effect the things that I hold dear (family, friendships, pets, and hobbies).

Don't get me wrong, I know it is a choice to let the "crossover" interfere, but how can I just switch it off? Can I shut it off and still be successful? I have yet to find these answers, and I am bound and determined to find the balance. I AM NOT going to become a famous CEO or President of some great fortune 50 company that I started and be on my 4th wife, because I can't balance my life. That is not the life I want to live, and I wont!

The "crossover" and the "balance" is difficult to understand for most people that don't have an interest in business. Some people believe that our lives could be much more simple if we structured them in a certain way... ...well, I'm waiting... ...what is this certain way that will spare myself and my family this frustration?

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas how to manage business and personal lives together, please let us know. I would love to learn from someone that has past experience and has figured out how.
`chais

2 comments:

Waste Service said...

Great post!! Thanks for sharing such an wonderful information ...

Data Entry Services said...

Nice ! so interesting...Thank you for sharing it.