Friday, August 17, 2007

Now that is marketing...

I never really thought of it before...
When the Nissan Xterra first came on the market, I absolutely loved it. I didn't love it because it was just another standard SUV. I loved it because it was an SUV that was "Xtreme". But there had to be more than that, what was it...

So, I started thinking about what made the Nissan Xterra an Xtreme car, and I came up with one solid thing. Nissan did something that no other car company has done, they focused on injuries, and doing things that are so "Xtreme" that they might require medical attention. That brings us to the introduction of the "first aid kit" built into the SUV. This "first aid kit" wasn't just included with the SUV as an accessory or something that you could have extra. No, this first aid kit was actual the topic this car revolved around. The back of the SUV (on the hatch), was designed with a 10"x9"x3" opening built for this first aid kit. There was absolutely no reason for someone to like this back gate design (a bulge on the outside of your vehicle when the rest of the back is smooth). People liked this design because they knew when others see them driving their Xterra, they would know that they had a "first aid kit" at their disposal (If needed). If someone is driving a car with a first aid kit built in, they must have the type of outgoing, crazy, and "Xtreme" personality to need a first aid kit. To center your car and your marketing around a first aid kit, now that is marketing...

I discovered the reason why I loved that SUV. I loved it because I knew I could get as crazy as I wanted and still be "ok" (because of my built in hospital). Could you imagine a type of car that would sport a defibrillator ? That might require some sort of license...
`chais

No comments: